Sunday, February 24, 2008

11 days later

The toilet has been washed, the floors and carpets hoovered and invisible boundaries recognised. I never used to need a kitchen, now it is the focal point of the apartment. It is somewhat comforting to have familiar foods in the pantry, and the knowledge of comfort food being only an hour of a process away. Friends have come by in little drones and they never seem to mind the lack of furniture. We've already received our first noise complain.

That aside, the weather is warming up. Spring is in the air, I can feel it in my bones. So could Ah Fay. So we trooped down to Granville Island yesterday where Andi and I filled up with cheeses and meats while Fay documented our mini adventure.

I am however, terribly sick of the routine that is work and school. I dread the beginning of each week and weekends fail to excite me anymore because I know all too well that it will be gone in a flash and I am back where I started: Monday. It is positively sickening.

On a happier note, our furniture should arrive in a week or two and the parties will begin and hopefully then I won't be so jaded. It's a sad day when 21 year olds with every piece of life fitting into place fails to recognise her good fortune because of cynicism.

No comments: