Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I don't geddit

how people who go overseas only make friends with people of the same race/nationality/ethnicity. I understand the support group that necessitates friends within close cultural proximity and saving the best for your fellow countrymen. But I've been blog surfing for a while, mostly reading up on people I used to know (yes, I'm a creeper - you can say it) who I now don't know anymore because we moved to different countries; and their blogs, while full of pictures and references to friends always point to the same thing: Asian friends. I don't geddit lor. Cibai, if you tell me you are in Taiwan or China, it's okay la kan. But how the fuck do you find 20 over Malaysian/Chinese people in Dublin? It's Dublin, for fucks sake! Even in Vancouver we find it so difficult to maintain membership in MASA and Dublin (from said friend's pics) looks like its a thriving hub of Malaysianism that I never knew existed. A part of me is jealous and another part of me finds this quite an incredulous phenomena.
I always imagine studying in Dublin would be damn sad for a Malaysian 'cause got no Malaysian food and cannot understand English because Irish people have stupid accents. But I think I've been proven wrong lor. Dublin looks damn happening leh - what with Sports Day la, Mid-Autumn festival la, Raya celebration and all. Cibaiiiiii.

No comments: