Monday, January 14, 2008

GG vs. Spooks

My newest obsession is Gossip Girl; now, this is not to say that I have kicked Spooks into the dirt. However, allow me to justify my choice. First and foremost, I am not allowed to relish in the enjoyment that is Spooks on my own.

Secondly, Spooks is almost always a precise 60 minutes long (give and take 20 seconds) since BBC has no commercials while Gossip Girl is only 40 minutes at most (it's slowly dwindled from 42 mins to 38 mins). Therefore, in the time that it takes me to go through 3 episodes of Spooks, I can instead watch 4 of Gossip Girl.

Thirdly, the outfits on GG lend so much more credibility to the show. The fucked-up-ness annoys me after a while (what's with Rufus and Lily?!?) but then the clothes serve as a worthy distraction and all is forgiven. Whereas Tom, Harry, Zoe and Danny have worn the same thing for more than 6 months now. I also disapprove of bad personal hygiene as evidenced through the cast of Spooks.

Fourthly, Spooks requires a vast amount of concentration whereas the producers of GG understand that their audience consists of mostly idiots and have kindly provided "last week's episode" bits to refresh memories which in my opinion, is very helpful indeed.

Last but not least, simply finding a decent video of GG is SO MUCH easier compared to Spooks.

Now if you will excuse me, I need to find out if or not Blair is pregnant.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you see how you've dedicated an entire blog entry to gossip girl and your tv fanatacism? yes, that's right FANATACISM!!! THIS is the precise reason i refuse to capitulate my sanity to tv..THIS state you've fallen into. anyways i love you in spite of this meloogy and as long as i don't notice any change in your intelligence i can accept you for your tv..problem. :) much love and respect, your kapooks <3

Anonymous said...

Hands off.

Leesa said...

lol mr. hands on having a bit of a reaction there, isn't he?

it's not a problem!! well actually not that i've seen all of the episodes, my life has resumed normalcy. tee hee.